This page intends to provide information about upcoming conferences and workshops on East Asia.
The University of Edinburgh will host the 30th Anniversary Conference of CEA (UK/Europe) on 22-23 June 2018. It is entitled: “China’s Path to the New Era”
Submission Deadline: 1 April 2018
Authors will be notified by 20 April 2018
INFER/HenU Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics, at Henan School of Economics, China, from 23th- 26th of June 2018.
International Trade and Finance Association 28th Annual Conference, Beijing, China, from 23rd – 26th of May 2018.
2018 Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society, Seoul, Korea, from 21st – 23rd of June 2018.
33rd Annual Congress of the European Economic Association / 71st European Meeting of the Econometric Society, Colone, Germany, 27th – 31st of August 2018.
2018 China Meeting of the Econometric Society, Shanghai, China, 15th – 17th of June 2018.
Verein für Socialpolitik Jahrestagung 2018, Freiburg, Germany, from 02nd – 05th of September 2018.
Click hiere for more information
The CEA (UK/Europe) annual conference (2017) was held at the University of Manchester, UK, from the 1st – 3rd of September 2017. It was entitled: “China’s New Development: Innovation and Economic Transformation”
The keynote speeches were given by the following distinguished scholars:
- Professor Shi Li, Director, China Institution for Income Distribution, Beijing Normal University.
- Professor Justin Lin, Honorary Dean, Peking University; Former Vice President and Chief Economist of the World Bank.
- Professor Rachel Ngai, Department of Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Professor Guoqiang Tian, Dean, School of Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics; and Texas A&M University.
- Professor Yi Wen, Assistant Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
The 2017 CEA (Europe/UK) China Conference at Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) from 1st-2nd of July 2017 in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. The Topic is “Public Finance Theories and Policies under the Belt and Road Initiative”.
China Econometric Society Meeting from 9th – 11th of June 2017.
- James Heckman, The University of Chicago
- Jonathan Eaton, Pennsylvania State University
- Faruk Gul, Princeton University
- Cheng Hsiao, University of Southern California
- Elie Tamer, Harvard University
- Paul Romer, Chief Economist of the World Bank
Asian Econometric Society Meeting at Chinese University of Hong Kong from 3rd – 5th of June 2017.
James Heckman, The University of Chicago
Torsten Persson, Stockholm University
Mark Rosenzweig, Yale University
Click here for more details
5th Annual Conference of the Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research,
The Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research, Singapore, 22-25 May, 2017.
Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI)-Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) Workshop: “The Middle Income Trap in Asia”,
Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan, 13-14 December, 2016.
Konfuzius Institut Frankfurt “International Conference One Belt and One Road – China and the World”,
Goethe University, Frankfurt a. M., Germany, 18-19 November, 2016.
“Chinese Economic Association” Annual Conference on “China’s New Way of Integration with the World:
The New Silk Road and the Opportunities for the World Economy”,
Duisburg (Germany) 1-3 September 2016.
“Stockholm China Economic Research Institute”,
Stockholm School of Economics and “China Center for Economic Research & National School of Development”,
Peking University Conference on “Development, Trade and Investment”,
Stockholm (Sweden) 26-27 August 2016.