This page intends to provide information about upcoming conferences and workshops on East Asia.
This year’s CEA (UK/Europe) annual conference will be held at the University of Manchester, UK, from the 1st – 3rd of September 2017. It is entitled: “China’s New Development: Innovation and Economic Transformation”
The keynote speeches will be given by the following distinguished scholars:
- Professor Shi Li, Director, China Institution for Income Distribution, Beijing Normal University.
- Professor Justin Lin, Honorary Dean, Peking University; Former Vice President and Chief Economist of the World Bank.
- Professor Rachel Ngai, Department of Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Professor Guoqiang Tian, Dean, School of Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics; and Texas A&M University.
- Professor Yi Wen, Assistant Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
The 2017 CEA (Europe/UK) China Conference at Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) from 1st-2nd of July 2017 in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. The Topic is “Public Finance Theories and Policies under the Belt and Road Initiative”.
China Econometric Society Meeting from 9th – 11th of June 2017.
- James Heckman, The University of Chicago
- Jonathan Eaton, Pennsylvania State University
- Faruk Gul, Princeton University
- Cheng Hsiao, University of Southern California
- Elie Tamer, Harvard University
- Paul Romer, Chief Economist of the World Bank
Asian Econometric Society Meeting at Chinese University of Hong Kong from 3rd – 5th of June 2017.
James Heckman, The University of Chicago
Torsten Persson, Stockholm University
Mark Rosenzweig, Yale University
5th Annual Conference of the Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research,
The Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research, Singapore, 22-25 May, 2017.
Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI)-Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) Workshop: “The Middle Income Trap in Asia”,
Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan, 13-14 December, 2016.
Konfuzius Institut Frankfurt “International Conference One Belt and One Road – China and the World”,
Goethe University, Frankfurt a. M., Germany, 18-19 November, 2016.
“Chinese Economic Association” Annual Conference on “China’s New Way of Integration with the World:
The New Silk Road and the Opportunities for the World Economy”,
Duisburg (Germany) 1-3 September 2016.
“Stockholm China Economic Research Institute”,
Stockholm School of Economics and “China Center for Economic Research & National School of Development”,
Peking University Conference on “Development, Trade and Investment”,
Stockholm (Sweden) 26-27 August 2016.