Prof. Dr. Jungsuk Kim
Prof. Dr. Jungsuk Kim is currently a senior researcher at the Institute of International and Areas Studies of Sogang University and teaches economics and econometrics at Kyung-Hee University and Sogang University in the Republic of Korea. She worked in the airline industry for more than 20 years before earning her PhD in international trade from Sogang University. Her main fields of research are international trade, econometrics and fiscal policy.
SELECTED FURTHER PUBLICATIONS ON EAST-ASIA-RELATED MACROECONOMIC STUDIES BY PROF. DR. JUNGSUK KIM
1. “Fiscal Policy and Inclusive Growth in Advanced Countries: Their Experience and Implications for Asia,” ADB working paper No. 422, December 2014, Asian Development Outlook, 2014
2. “The economic impact of terrorism: A new model and its application to Pakistan,” Journal of Policy Modeling Volume 37, Issue 6,November–December 2015,Pages 1065–1080
3. “Korean unification prospects: an assessment through the BDN-model,” Qual Quant, DOI 10.1007/s11135-015-0190-4, March 27, 2015, Springer,
4. “A Survey of the Role of Fiscal Policy in Addressing Income Inequality, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Growth,” IZA Discussion Paper No. 8119
5. “Macro-prudential Policy in Developing Asia: An Empirical Analysis,” ADB, Asian Development Outlook, 2015 working paper and discussion paper
6. “Tax Revenue Trends in Asia and Latin America: A Comparative Analysis,” NBER Working Paper Series, Working Paper 21755, http://www.NBER.org/Papers/W21755, (2015)
7. “Tax Revenue Trends in Asia and Latin America: A Comparative Analysis,” VOX CEPAL’s Column, http://www.voxeu.org/article/taxing-trends-asia-and-latin-america
8. “Individual Income Inequality and Its Drivers in Indonesia: A Theil decomposition Reassessment,” Social Indicators Research, Volume 126. No.1, March, 2016, ISSN 0303-8300
9.“Institutional Quality, Trade Openness, and Financial Sector Development in Asia: An Empirical Investigation,” Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 52:4, 923-937, ISSN: 1540-496X (Print) 1558-0938 (Online)
10.“Effectiveness of Macroprudential Policies in Developing Asia: An Empirical Analysis,” Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 52:4, 923-937, ISSN: 1540-496X (Print) 1558-0938
11.“The Evaluation of a Possible Future Sino-Japanese Armed Conflict through the Application of the ACEI-Model”, The Journal of Defence and Peace Economics(forthcoming)
12.“Reshaping Institutional Arrangements for TPP Ratification in Korea,” Journal of Korea Trade, Vol.
20 No. 2, 2016, pp. 167-185, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 1229-828X, DOI 10.1108/JKT-04-2016-0010
13. “Demographic Change and Fiscal Sustainability in Asia,’ ADB Economics Working Paper Series, ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK, No. 481 | April 2016.
14.“Demographic Change and Fiscal Sustainability in Asia,” ERIA Discussion Paper Series, ERIA-DP-2016-11, EERIA Discussion Paper Series, ERIA-DP-2016-11